Is there any time of year more important for a small business than right now? The business you do in these months will go a long way toward not only determining your day-to-day success, but the very outlook for the rest of 2016. So how do you make sure your small business is up to the task and makes the most of the here and now?
Small businesses everywhere are asking these same questions, and to help, Susan Solovic, The Small Business Expert, offers these helpful tips.
* Keep in touch. Connecting with someone is a good idea any time of year, so why not pick up the phone and see if you can schedule a coffee or lunch meeting for the New Year, especially if it's an old colleague or a customer who has fallen off your radar.
* Tie up loose ends. Get out your "to-do" list, find the projects you never had time for, and jump on them when the New Year arrives. Mark them off your list and start 2016 with some momentum. And if your project list includes upgrading your business with some new tech, Platinum Edge Media services can keep your small business running smoothly with a new mobile business card or mobile app that will improve your productivity and save your company money in the long run.
* Review successes and failures. What worked well for you this past year? What didn't work? What do you think you can do better? The New Year represents the chance for a clean slate. Fill that slate with the things that work!
* Read and learn. You'll probably have some extra down time when the New Year rolls in. Spend a few minutes searching the Internet for lists of "must-read" business books. Find a couple that look like they'd be a good fit for your business and commit to reading them in the first part of 2016. In the same manner, learn a new skill. Experiment with social media or learn how to manage an online marketing campaign
* Start tax preparation. Review your bookkeeping system and make sure everything is up to date. Start organizing your files in anticipation of tax season. If you get organized now, the process will be much easier come tax time.
The New Year is the perfect time to say goodbye to a successful 2015 and prepare for the year ahead. Apply the tips from Solovic and you'll be ready to make 2016 your business's best year yet. To learn more about how mobile business cards and apps can work with your business, visit PlatinumEdgeMedia.com